Globally, there are greater than 3,300 species of mosquitoes. The United States has approximately 200 documented species and Pennsylvania has around 60 species.
- Prevalent Mosquitoes in our area include: Culex – Carries West Nile Virus and Aedes – Tiger Mosquito (Most) – Fevers.
Every year, diseases generated from Mosquitoes such as malaria, yellow fever, dengue and filarial worms kill or significantly harm millions of people mostly in poverty-stricken countries.
Tired of being locked up inside because mosquitoes have taken over your yard? We can help take back your yard with our mosquito control program!
Green Pest Solutions (GPS) offers a 6 application Mosquito Plan. This plan is designed to control the population of Mosquitoes on the property. GPS will apply your first 2 applications within the first two weeks of signing up and will come out every two to three weeks after that.
- Treatments will occur from the months of April through September.
- First 2 rounds will be applied in first 2 weeks after signing up for program.
- 2 to 3 weeks in between treatments are highly recommended.
- A minimum of 4 treatments is required to aid in the control of mosquitoes.
- The busiest months for mosquito control will be June, July and August.
One of our state-licensed technicians will inspect you property, noting any areas of mosquito activity and breeding locations. Mosquitoes love to breed in standing water that collects in birdbaths, gutters, dog water bowls or discarded containers. These and other high risk areas will be treated with special products designed to control existing mosquito larvae.
Your state-certified Mosquito technician will treat the remaining yard, paying special attention to where adult biting mosquitoes rest during the day- including in the foliage of trees and shrubs or in shaded areas under decks and eaves.
Mosquito fact: Only the female mosquito bites you because the “beak” on the male mosquito is not built in a way that it can bite you!
In short, we offer a dual approach to reducing mosquito populations, which in turn, reduces the number that may carry such diseases as the lethal West Nile Virus, Encephalitis and Dengue.
Special Event Spraying
Since Mosquito breeding season is especially prevalent in the summer months, Green Pest Solutions recognizes the need for special event spraying. Whether you’re a throwing a surprise sweet sixteen birthday party for your child, having a Labor Day barbecue or a July 4th fireworks display, Green Pest Solutions will be there to keep your family, pets and guest from being attacked by mosquitoes! Outdoor occasions as such will become more memorable when you do not have to worry about the mosquitoes. We will treat the event area and any surrounding areas with a fast acting, odor free product that will greatly reduce the number of biting mosquitoes.
Below is a list of items the homeowner can do to help the process of reducing mosquito activity:
- Dispose of tin cans, plastic containers, ceramic pots or similar water-holding containers that have collected on your property.
- Pay special attention to discarded tires. Stagnant water in tires are where most mosquitoes are breeding!!!
- Drill holes in the bottom of recycling containers left outdoors.
- Have clogged roof gutters cleaned every year, particularly if the leaves from surrounding trees have a tendency to plug up the drains. Roof gutters can produce millions of mosquitoes each season.
- Turn over plastic wading pools when not in use. Stagnant water in a wading pool becomes a place for mosquitoes to breed. Turn over wheelbarrows and don’t let water stagnate in birdbaths. Both provide breeding habitats for domestic mosquitoes.
- Vegetation around the home should be thinned out if it’s too dense.
- Grass kept cut and weeds wacked.
- Wood piles covered.
- Junk piles removed.
- Fish ponds stocked with fish or a fountain to keep water running. Mosquitoes will not lay eggs on running water or rippled water, they will drown.
Receive 1 free Mosquito application when you sign up for a minimum of 4 applications. Customer will receive last application free. Offer Expires February 15, 2016 The United States is home to some 200 species of mosquito, 60 of which live in the tristate area. Their bites are not only annoying and painful; they can also be dangerous carriers of disease. Avoid these flying pests with this guide from Green Pet Solutions.
Receive 1 free Mosquito application when you sign up for a minimum of 4 applications.
Customer will receive last application free.
Offer Expires February 15, 2016
The United States is home to some 200 species of mosquito, 60 of which live in the tristate area. Their bites are not only annoying and painful; they can also be dangerous carriers of disease. Avoid these flying pests with this guide from Green Pet Solutions.