It’s the time of year when pests start making their way indoors to escape the chilly temperatures outside.
Pest management companies receive many calls this time of year when people start noticing spiders and other pests like rodents, stink bugs and flies in their homes. And with the recent rains, rodents such as mice will also start showing up in homes (if they haven’t already).
How do you prevent these pests and rodents from getting into homes? Here are some tips.
- Winterizing the home. Check windows, doors and home exteriors for any holes that pests may enter through. Caulk or cover any existing holes or openings.
- Properly store clothing. Don’t leave clothing lying on a floor where spiders may hide. Hang it up or keep it in a plastic container. Shake out any clothing or shoes that have been on a floor or in a hamper before wearing.
- Wear gloves or protective clothing when gardening and moving pieces of wood. Raking leaves and winterizing your garden is a popular activity this time of year, so make sure to wear gloves and long pants and sleeves to protect against spiders hiding in leaves and foliage. Also, spiders like to hide in woodpiles and pieces of wood, so be careful when picking up pieces of wood.
- Check clothes for insects and spiders when returning indoors.
- Keep garages, attics and basements clean and clutter free.
- Consult a professional. Get your home inspected regularly by a qualified, licensed pest professional. Those moving into a new home and anyone suspecting a pest problem but has yet to verify it may also be interested in a hassle-free pest and termite inspection. For a limited time only, Green Pest Solutions is currently offering a Fall Pest Control Special for $19.99. This is an introductory pest control service that includes an application of exterior pest control treatment, 5 mouse traps or glue boards and a comprehensive inside and outside Termite Inspection. This offer is valued at $125.00 and you can get it this fall for $19.99
Not valid on one-time services. Pertains to new annual service agreement. Present at time of service. Cannot be combined with other promotions. One coupon per service. Subject to change without notice.
Offer Expires September 30, 2017