Termites cause tens of millions of dollars in damage to homes in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. They are one of the main reasons so many people turn to us at Green Pest Solutions, because at Green Pest Solutions, we have the tools and expertise necessary to eliminate termites quickly.
But of course, the only way we can exterminate termites is if you call us, and the only way you’re going to call is if you know you have a termite problem. That is why you should pay attention to the following signs of a termite problem.
Termite Infestation Signs
- Seeing Termites – The most obvious, of course, is simply seeing termites, and you may be able to see termites just by looking for them. Walk around your home, check out your wood, and see if there are any termites. If you find one, there are always more.
- Mud Tubes – Termites create very obvious tubes that are designed to help them travel in safety and maintain their moisture. These tubes can be hard to see when you’re not looking for them, but are obvious when you do look for them. Look for long stretches of what looks like mud leading to a trail around your home. Look on trees as well, as termites will use these tubes to climb trees, and you may only see them if you’re looking for them.
- Swarms – If you see swarming insects that do not look like bees, gnats, or the swarms you’re used to seeing, they may be termites. Swarming termites have an ant-like look, except they’re slightly bigger and have a longer body, with a browner back end that is more visible if you catch one.
- Wings – After termites swarm, pay attention to the ground around you. Swarming termites have wings. When they’re done swarming they shed their wings, and you can often find those wings in different places around your home, including on the grass, sidewalk, and spider webs. So keep an eye out for discarded wings.
- Hollow Wood – When you move into a new place, one of the best things you can do is take a look around your home and try to get used to where it’s hollow and where it isn’t. Then, every so often throughout the year, knock on those areas again and see if you can find a hollow sound. It may be another sign of termites.
Pay Attention for Warning Signs
Paying attention to termite warning signs is important for stopping termites early. As soon as you see any signs of termites, contact Green Pest Solutions and take action to prevent any long term damage.
Termites are considered more dangerous to a wood-based home than fire, flood and wind. They cause some $7 billion in structural damage to homes in the United States each year. Learn the signs of a termite infestation and what you can do about it.
Pertains to new annual service agreement. Present at time of service. Cannot be combined with other promotions. Does not include renewals. One coupon per service. Subject to change without notice.
Offer Expires December 15, 2018