Do You Have Waterbugs or Cockroaches?
Learn the Difference
Oriental cockroaches and waterbugs are commonly mistaken for one another. They might look similar, but there are differences between the two. In order to treat your pest issue, you need to know which one you are dealing with.
Cockroaches vs Waterbugs
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are between 1 inch and 1-1/2 inches long. Cockroaches are typically red or brown. They have long antennae. Oriental cockroaches also have wings.
- Waterbugs: Water bugs are about 2 inches long—much bigger than roaches. They are also brown or grayish in color. Waterbugs don’t have antennae. They do not have wings.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches like water, but they would rather be near it than in it. That’s why they will search out leaks in your home or hang out under sinks.
- Waterbugs: As the name suggests, waterbugs like to spend their time in the water and are classified as water insects. They are especially common to find near bodies of water. If they end up in your home, it might not be on purpose.
- Cockroaches: Finding one (or a group) in a moist area—but not in the water—s a good sign.
- Waterbugs: Seeing one in the water is a good sign you’re dealing with a waterbug instead of a cockroach.
- Cockroaches: Some people are actually allergic to cockroaches. The symptoms are similar to other allergy issues.
- Waterbugs: Waterbugs don’t pose a great risk to you or your family. They have the ability to bite, but they really aren’t interested in you. They may choose to if you pick it up and don’t handle it properly.
- Cockroaches: Use a bait that lures cockroaches then kills them.
- Waterbugs: Treat them the same way you do cockroaches!
Do You Have Cockroaches or Waterbugs?
Not anymore with Green Pest Solutions! We know just how to approach your pest problems to help you take back your home. Whether you need Cockroach extermination or Waterbug Removal, Contact us today to get help.