Do Flea Bombs Work?
If your household has fleas, you’ll do anything to get rid of them, and there are plenty of options on the market. Flea bombs sound appealing; simply set it up, and you’re done! But, don’t rush out to the store just yet to buy one.
Why Flea Bombs Are a Bad Idea
Flea bombs treat indoor flea infestations through indirect application of chemicals. Your job includes leaving it alone to release pesticides into the room and kill the fleas. The problem? These bombs kill fleas in the immediate area, sending the stragglers to hiding spots, making it even more difficult to get rid of them. Also, they are chemical-based, so you are efficiently spreading potentially hazardous fumes around your house. With dangerous chemicals and leftover fleas, flea bombs should not be your go-to solution.
How to Get Rid of Fleas
- First, identify the problem. Wear white socks or light colored clothes and walk through your lawn and home to see if any fleas jump on you
- Vacuum every day and clean out your vacuum after each use
- Did the fleas come in on a pet? Follow your vet’s instructions. You’ll most likely be advised to wash your pet with a special shampoo
- Mow your grass to an appropriate height
- Wash all your clothes and bedding on the highest temperature allowable to help kill eggs
Kick Fleas out with Green Pest Solutions.
Fleas are no match for our pest experts. If your DIY treatments don’t work or if you want to take some preventative measures to stave off another outbreak, please consider giving us a call to schedule a free consultation. Contact us today at 877-636-9469.