What Color Are Termites
And Other Identifiers
When you are dealing with a pest infestation, identifying the insect is the first step in taking back your home or yard. You are likely able to identify bees, spiders, and many other pests, but there are some that can be confused for one another, like carpenter ants and termites. Today, we’re going to take a closer look at termites so you can seek help right away. What color are termites, and how can you identify them? Read on to find out.
What Color Are Termites?
- Winged termites: Black or brown
- Worker termites: White
- Soldier termites: Brown
How to Identify Termites
Termites measure 1/4″ to 1/2″ long, though kings and queens can grow to more than 1″ in length. They have soft bodies and some are winged. There are a number of other defining characteristics for termites. Some of these include:
- Waist shape: termites have straight waists.
- Antennae: termites have two straight antennae.
- Legs: termites have six short, stubby legs.
- Wings: termites have four wings that each measure the same length of their bodies.
Types of Termites
- Winged termites: These termites are most likely to make an appearance in a home. They have wings.
- Worker termites: These termites have six legs and two antennae. They do not have wings.
- Soldier termites: These termites have pincers near their heads, two antennae, and six legs. They do not have wings.
Green Pest Solutions Knows What Color Termites Are and Other Identifiers
It’s important you identify termites right away so you can get rid of them as quickly as possible. They act fast and their destruction is expensive to repair, costing billions of dollars for home and business owners each year. If you suspect termite activity in your home, contact the knowledgeable exterminators at Green Pest Solutions to prevent these pests from further damaging your home. Call us today at 877-636-9469 to schedule a free estimate.
$100 Off Termite Control
Hurry! Offer Expires January 31, 2022
Guide to Termites
Protect your home from the devastation that termites can cause by knowing how to identify them, warning signs of their presence, and steps to prevent an infestation.