Tips to Prepare Your Home for Mice Invasions
When the weather gets colder, some pests seek out warmth in order to survive the winter. That’s especially true of mice. Mice are notorious winter invaders. They will do whatever it takes to survive, and they breed quickly, which means their invasions represent more than just a passing problem.
Strategies to Prevent Mice from Invading
Luckily, there are some strategies you can implement to prevent mice invasions, and prepare yourself for if they do occur. These include:
- Removing Clutter – Clutter doesn’t necessarily attract mice, but it does give them many hiding spaces if they do enter your home. The easier it is for mice to hide, the harder it is to eradicate them. So make sure you’re removing any unnecessary clutter from your home so that mice have no place to hide.
- Sealing Food – Mice will also struggle to survive without easy access to food, and may also be less attracted to your home to start with. So make sure you’re sealing up food, including dog food, to keep mice from being able to feed.
- Seal Holes – Of course, you can prevent mice altogether if you ensure they cannot enter your property. That’s why it’s important to seek out all possible open spaces in and around your property and seal them. Mice can fit through spaces as small as a quarter, so a single piece of broken wood can become an easy door for mice to travel through.
- Invest in a Cat – Mice are scared creatures, and cats are their hunters. If they know a cat is in the home they are less likely to invade, and if a mouse does invade that cat should be able to capture it.
- Connect With Your Neighbors – Mice rarely infest only one home in an area. Talk to your neighbors and see if they have or had any recent mouse issues. If so, a combined effort between you and your neighbors can do an even better job of eliminating any rodent issues.
It’s important to remember how quickly an invasion of mice can become a big problem. That’s why prevention should be your priority. Contact Green Pest Solutions today at 877-636-9469 to find out more about why our Quarterly Pest Control service is such a great choice for long term mouse control and extermination.
$50 Off Pest Control
Hurry! Offer Expires June 30, 2022