How to Kill a Spider When You Have a Phobia
Spiders are generally harmless pests. Some can cause some fairly horrific bites, but in general they are afraid of humans and only bite when they are either immediately threatened or surprised. Still, many people are scared of spiders, and in some cases that fear may be so great that once they see a spider in their home they simply do not have the strength to kill it the traditional way.
Easy Ways to Kill Spiders
For those people that are so afraid of spiders that the idea of grabbing a spider with a paper towel is simply too terrifying, there are other ways to kill spiders that perhaps you feel brave enough to try.
- Spray With Windex – Windex is deadly to most insects, and spiders are no exception. Spray a spider with enough Windex and it will die fairly quickly. You can spray from further away if you’re feeling fearful, although make sure you get a decent amount on the spider before you run away, and try to monitor it so you can find the spider and remove it after it has curled up.
- Ask Someone Else – That’s all.
- Use a Rubber Band – Practice your rubber band shooting in your spare time. Make sure you have a collection of the thicker rubber bands, as they will do more damage. Practice your aim on something spider sized from a decent distance away. If you learn to improve your shot, you can potentially hit the spider dead on and cause very serious damage that should make it much easier to kill the spider up close without worry.
- Binaca and a Lighter – If you don’t mind burning your house down, you can take a lighter and put it near the spider. Then spray through the lighter with the Binaca, the breath freshener. It will create a flame that can burn the spider up. Note: Don’t actually do this. You will burn your house down.
- Toss Boric Acid On Top – Boric acid is very dangerous to spiders. You can toss some boric acid on top of a spider, as long as you protect your mouth and hands so as to not accidentally consume any of the powder, or cause any irritation to your hands. It is a poison, and although it is not that harmful to humans it’s best to try to avoid any contact with it.
Spiders Mean Pests Have Access
Still, the problem with a spider in your home isn’t the spider. It’s the implication that somewhere in your home there are clear entrance points from which spiders can enter. That’s why the Green Band Protection System from Green Pest Solutions is the best way form of pest control. We seal up all entrances, use pesticides only when needed, and protect your home for months. Contact us today at 877-636-9469 to find out more.
$50 Off Pest Control
Hurry! Offer Expires December 15, 2022