Signs of Termite Damage
Six Things to Look for
Did you know that every year, termites cause over $5 billion worth of structural damage in the United States? They only need a 1/64″ hole to make their way into your home and cause severe destruction. Learn the clear signs of termite damage and the things you might have to look a little harder to notice.
Signs of Termite Damage
- Floor damage: Floor damage is a common and threatening sign. You might find loose tiles, floorboards that are warping or squeaking, and laminated floors that are buckling. Many people are surprised to learn this damage is from the additional moisture that’s introduced with a termite invasion.
- Wall damage: Walls will because discolored, start to droop, or small holes will appear. You also might find paint starts to bubble or peel because of the moisture levels.
- Wood damage: As the food choice for termites, wood damage is an obvious indicator of a problem. Knock on the wood, and if it sounds hollow, it might be because of termite damage. It can also crumble or look damaged for no apparent reason.
Signs of Hidden Damage
Your first clue that you have termite damage might not be obvious. Instead, you might notice:
- Mud tubes: These tubes have a distinct appearance that sometimes “climbs up” areas outside of your home. The tubes are used as tunnels for the termites to go between their nest and food source.
- Wings: Discovering discarded wings left by swarmers is one of the clearest signs you have a termite problem on your hands. Be on the lookout for something that looks like piles of fish scales.
- Frass: Better known as termite waste. Just like any other pest in your home, termites leave excrement wherever they go. They resemble piles of pepper.
Did You Identify Any of These Signs?
Don’t wait to call a professional! The sooner you address your termite problem, the better for your wallet and the safety of your home. Green Pest Solutions knows all of the signs of termites and termite damage, so we can inspect and treat for this costly pest. Call us today at 877-636-9469 to learn about our termite control services.
$100 Off Termite Control
Hurry! Offer Expires December 15, 2022
Guide to Termites
Protect your home from the devastation that termites can cause by knowing how to identify them, warning signs of their presence, and steps to prevent an infestation.